Not long ago, those simple push-button cell phones seemed to be a technological marvel. Now, we can hardly remember the days before phones with no smart functions. We’ve become used to the mini-computers in our handbags and pockets that can access the internet from wherever we are in the world. That old push-button phone seems like a museum piece in comparison.
In the same way, regular television sets have become outdated and can no longer meet our growing needs. We desire to pick what we watch and when. Smart televisions with internet capability are in great demand. Along with the evolution of smartphone software are the changes in their hardware. Improved Android™ and iOS functions, more advanced screens, cameras, battery life, etc.. TV set manufacturers, meanwhile, have focused mainly on displays and image quality, and have neglected software and features. As a result, many of us have stunning Full HD or 4K TV sets in our living rooms, but, without internet access.
The Android TV Box is a big upgrade for your TV
We’re here to tell you that you don’t need to purchase a new TV to enjoy smart TV functions. If you are happy with the image quality of the TV you already have, there is an inexpensive way to get internet access to it and watch your favorite shows, no matter how old your TV is.
The Android TV set-top box is the solution. They cost around 3–5 times less than your average smart TV.
Why use an Android TV Box?
Android TV transforms TV sets into multifunctional devices with a host of useful features.
Here are a few:
Large selection of content
The Android TV Box allows you to access YouTube, streaming services, and many types of entertainment. By accessing the Google Play Store, you can use more than 7,000 games and apps. Connect to your pay-TV provider to watch your favorite channels, movies, and TV shows.
Here’s what Android TV can provide for any television:
- DOWNLOAD APPLICATIONS FROM THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE. THERE ARE OVER 7,000 APPS CUSTOMIZED FOR A TV SCREEN. FREE YOUTUBE, PLUTO TV, TUBI, AND OTHER MUST-HAVE ANDROID TV BOX APPS.
- BROADCAST MOVIES, GAMES, AND SPORTS TO A TV SCREEN FROM OTHER ANDROID, IOS, CHROMEBOOK, MAC, AND WINDOWS DEVICES WITH THE HELP OF THE CHROMECAST BUILT-IN FUNCTION.
- PLAY GAMES! ANDROID TV SET-TOP BOXES SUPPORT BLUETOOTH AND USB GAMEPADS. YOU CAN ENJOY NOT ONLY SIMPLE PUZZLES BUT ALSO GAMES WITH HIGH-QUALITY GRAPHICS AND PLOTS, SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR ANDROID TV.
- CONTROL YOUR ANDROID BOX WITH YOUR PHONE. GOOGLE PLAY AND THE APPLE APP STORE HAVE AN ANDROID TV REMOTE APPLICATION, WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO CONTROL THE SET-TOP BOX WITH YOUR SMARTPHONE.
Smart voice assistant
If you can’t think of something to watch, simply ask. You can find a movie to suit any taste, learn more about your favorite celebrity, watch the global news and weather, immerse yourself in the world of sport, and much more. Simply control the set-top box with your voice.
Customizable start screen
You can customize your start screen to your specifications. Put icons for your favorite apps, movies, and series on the start screen. Choose the most recent episode to continue from the moment you last watched or quickly switch to another application or show.
Smart Home control hub
Create a perfect atmosphere for watching TV while staying comfy on your sofa. Use Google Assistant to dim the lights, turn up the temperature, and work in sync with all your other smart home gadgets.
Which set-top box is best for me?
All Android TV set-top boxes undergo strict Google certification and are exceptionally reliable. This impacts the device’s cost — Android TV set-top boxes have more powerful hardware and their software is regularly updated, so they cost 60+ euros.
One especially high-quality Android TV set-top box is the Nvidia Shield TV which has been specifically designed with gamers in mind. It has an attractive design, intuitive controls, and content displayed without delays and lag. This device costs around 210–220 euros.
We have a more reasonable option to suggest — MAG500A. This is the flagship device by Infomir — a European manufacturer of TV set-top boxes. It has everything you need for outstanding TV viewing:
- FULL HD AND 4K SUPPORT
- HDR SUPPORT, WHICH PROVIDES GOOD CONTRAST AND A CRISP IMAGE
- HIGH-SPEED ETHERNET AND WI-FI (2.4 AND 5 GHZ)
- OPTIONAL MEMORY EXPANSION VIA A MICRO SD (UP TO 128 GB), HDD, SSD, OR FLASH DEVICE; PLUS KEYBOARD AND MOUSE CONNECTION
- ENERGY-SAVING MODE TO CONSERVE THE REMOTE CONTROL BATTERY POWER
- ALL ANDROID TV OPTIONS, INCLUDING GOOGLE PLAY STORE, VOICE CONTROL, AND CHROMECAST BUILT-IN
*Google, Android, Google Play, YouTube and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC.